It is part of our mission at Lost Kitchen Supper Club to help build community and both Layla and Martin actively participate in the support of many local charitable organizations.
Charity work and involvement in the community:
- 2017 Nourishing the lower keys created by Layla Barr and Margit Bisztray provided hurricane relief of the lower Florida keys after Irma
- 2017 Outstanding in the field event proceeds went to Irma victims
- October 2017 “1 st Chef’s of Neighbors” Chef Martin and Chef Matt MacDonald of the National Hotel in South Miami Beach
- October 2018 2nd annual Chefs for neighbors took place in October 2018 with a larger turn out than before.
- Layla Barr with Abigail Houff created ISLAND GREATER GOODS MARKET which benefits a different local charity monthly